Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Have a Blast!

I've decided to do the "Master Cleanse" for 7 days before the holidays. Stopped by Whole Foods last night to pick up some senna tea. I had to ask a clerk where it was--he sort of chuckled to himself and said "it has a tricky name to find".

Behold:


At least they're being honest on the label--no secrets about what this tea will do for you. I laughed out loud saying it's going to be a fun few days here. He smiled back at me and said, "Yeah, have a blast!"

Oh, I will.

Have you ever done the Master Cleanse? Share your story here on The Dealio!

7 comments:

  1. i never really was that hungry while i did it for five days, but my tooth enamel suffered from the lemon juice. it's pretty acidic. maybe try brushing your teeth often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. permanent enamel damage? or just while you were on the cleanse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's your motivation for trying it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm pretty sure enamel doesn't grow back. i still have my teeth, but they're not as strong as they would be had i not been drinking lemonade exclusively for five days straight. make sure you rinse your mouth out. it's kinda hard though, since you're drinking lemonade all the time. i was just reading that brushing might make it worse by scraping away the weakened enamel. i guess you could take a sip and then chase it with some pure water. if you don't want to lose any enamel, your best bet is probably not to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My teeth have felt ok, so far, a little grimy though from the syrup and lemon juice. My motivation for doing this is to test my self-discipline and get my body in a better place for 2009. Cleansing is a chance to start fresh, make healthier choices, and lose a few pounds from spoiling myself over the summer/fall months with junk food and keg stands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Only when we are empty can we be truly fulfilled."

    ReplyDelete