Monday, May 25, 2009

Dean Karnazes, Ultra Marathon Man

Ultra-Marathon Man, Dean Karnazes, ran from Santa Barbara, CA to Los Angeles, CA in less than 24 hours to speak at the expo for the 24th Annual LA Marathon. This is really just a warm up for him. Dean has pushed himself to the limits that most people would deem impossible. Be sure to watch BOTH parts of this interview - Dean is an amazing, inspirational person who will motivate you to push yourself outside your comfort zone to achieve your goals.

Part I: Dean's Arrival and Talk @ LA Convention Center...



Part II: One-on-One Interview...

..continued from Dean interview Part I...After his talk at the LA Convention Center on Sunday afternoon, I had the wonderful opportunity to interview Dean one-on-one. Here's what "Karno" had to say, including his favorite vacation spot and stock tip of the day!



Share your thoughts on the Ultra-Marathoner! Check out more about Dean at http://ultramarathonman.com

8 comments:

  1. I think we could all learn something from Mr. Karnazes even if we do not run. Nice inteview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you continue your marathon theme dealio with d'emilio videos. You bring to life the wisdom written in Dean's two books. Look forward to seeing more in future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I would love to train with this guy!! It really gets me pumped up for the marathon in October! It makes you think that man really can do anything that he puts his mind to. Thank you for sharing this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran with Dean for a while when he did the Chicago Marathon a couple years ago. This was part of his 50 marathons, in 50 days in 50 states. Crazy! What struck me about it was how ripped the guys was and I noticed he was popping pills (for who knows what), but he said he was just getting over the flu. I give the guy credit for bringing interest to the sport...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great videos Leah! I met Dean at a marathon in San Jose, CA a few years ago. I have a tough time sticking with much smaller things in life. I can't imagine how he does it, but he's a true inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what kind of guy doesn't bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...a guy who runs on water!

    ReplyDelete