Friday, May 1, 2009

I Crossed the Finsh Line!

This is by far the hardest physical thing I've ever done...



13.1 miles in 02:58:08 - 68th place in my age group! Yehaw! I'll gladly do it again. Coach John keeps wearing the wrong bib when he runs so my glory of finishing my first half was overshadowed by the announcer congratulating him on qualifying for Boston...

Seriously, though, the first 8 miles were great. I didn't stop once. Then, at 8 miles I had to go to the bathroom and ate half of an orange. The last 4 miles were the most difficult. Out of the 13.1, I walked about 1.5 miles, but made sure to run in the last 1.2. The course was gorgeous. Congrats to the group who I ran with and thanks for the motivation to get involved and cross that finish line! And thanks to my family and friends who came out to cheer us on!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment. I think I'd die about half way through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Certainly more than I would've accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Leah. I am proud of you for finishing. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. our form was decent. we didn't look that goofy running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to work on my "finish line" form--I can tell I was in some pain at this point...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, something to be very proud of.

    ReplyDelete