Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Help! Top 50 will be announced on Monday! Need more views/comments!

In case you haven't heard...

Dear friends, family, co-workers, and business acquaintances:

It's that time again when I'm competing in an online contest for a job and need your support! All joking aside, I am currently competing for the Tourism Queensland "Best Job in the World" as Island Caretaker. The Island Caretaker gets to blog and produce video segments on his/her adventures living in the islands of the Great Barrier Reef! The position is for 6 months beginning July 1st, 2009.

Basically, as we speak, the lovely folks in Australia are sorting through over 20,000 videos to pick their top 50 candidates...the competition is HUGE!

So in the meantime, while they're deciding their top 50, I am asking for you to watch, comment, rate, share, post, repost, blog, embed, etc my video so it will rise to the top and significantly increase my chances of making it to the next round!!!

Voting will begin once the 50 have been chosen (which is in 7 days). From the top 50, the panel will pick 11 finalists - 10 based on qualifications, 1 based on having the most views (which they're calling the "wild card"). I feel that I have all the qualifications to be the Island Caretaker considering my background and work experience online!!! I've created a 3 step process for you to follow below...

HERE'S THE DEALIO!

3 Easy Steps ;)

1) WATCH the video on the contest website: http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/z7jD2C2aqc0 *very important you watch here first!
2) RATE the video on the contest website...then,
3) Click through to watch the video on YouTube (if you have a problem clicking through, here is the site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7jD2C2aqc0) watch, rate, and comment!

Now, if you really want to go the extra mile, you can forward this email out to your friends, family and ask them to do the same. Then, you can post the video, links to the video, embed the video on your Facebook, Myspace, blogs, Twitter accounts, etc. This is an amazing opportunity and I really do appreciate you taking the time to support my career!!! The more people who watch and participate, the better my chances are of having THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AGAIN, if I make the top 50, there will be more rating, commenting, and this time - VOTING. So, hopefully you'll be hearing from me again very soon with super good news!

Please feel free to email me with any questions. Again, thank you for your time and consideration!

Lots of LOVE and with sincere GRATITUDE,

Leah D'Emilio
Host/Producer/Writer/Actor
http://twitter.com/leahdemilio
http://thedealiowithdemilio.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow awesome vidy mate! Here's my rockin' video:
    http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/kQzXTMfDLpA

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think more running photos would help. australia is big on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very catchy piece, inviting enough to check out your blog. Don't worry, I voted 5 stars for you. :) Good luck! Zuggs, :P

    ReplyDelete