Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Look at Miss Ohio

Thanks, Kurty D, for introducing me to Gillian Welch and her song, "Look at Miss Ohio":



Lyrics:

Oh me oh my oh, look at Miss Ohio
She’s a-running around with her rag-top down
She says I wanna do right but not right now

Gonna drive to Atlanta and live out this fantasy
Running around with the rag-top down
Yeah I wanna do right but not right now

Had your arm around her shoulder, a regimental soldier
An’ mamma starts pushing that wedding gown
Yeah you wanna do right but not right now

Oh me oh my oh, would ya look at Miss Ohio
She’s a-runnin’ around with the rag-top down
She says I wanna do right but not right now

I know all about it, so you don’t have to shout it
I’m gonna straighten it out somehow
Yeah I wanna do right but not right now

Oh me oh my oh, look at Miss Ohio
She a-runnin’ around with her rag-top down
She says I wanna do right , but not right now
Oh I wanna do right but not right now

1 comment:

  1. My pal Todd Hannigan from Ventura does a version of this tune that rocks too. Couldn't find his version, but he's great live and work checking out too~ http://www.myspace.com/toddhanniganmusic

    ReplyDelete