Sunday, April 12, 2009

Golfers Are Dangerous

There are warning signs at the Rose Bowl that you are there at your own risk of a golf course and other recreational activity (like tripping over reflectors), but you never really think anything is going to happen to you. Well today, I came close, let's say about 1 foot away, from getting smoked in the head with this Nike golf ball featured in the photo below. A few witnesses stopped and asked if I was OK and I was, but damn...that was a close call. I'm not afraid to run there or anything, but I definitely am paying more attention to the golfers. Especially if I hear the "ping" of a club hitting one of these potential killers. Oh, and if you suck at golf, can you not be at the Rose Bowl while I'm running? Thanks.


Have you ever been hit or nearly hit by a golf ball? How about a golf club? Share it here on the Dealio.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, my brother was hit in the mouth with a golf ball and it left a big hole in his mouth. He has never been the same. Maybe you should run at the gym. It would be safer. People can be maimed or killed with a golf ball. You were very lucky. Someone was looking out for you.Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humans aren't the only beings in danger, my sister took a drive off a tee in Palm Springs and beaned an innocent cute, little duck in the brain. Poor thing was just trying to fly away and it got clocked with golf ball...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several years ago I was golfing and the guys playing behind us didn't see us in the trees playing our next shot and they went ahead and tee'd off. One of their balls came screaming through the trees and hit me in my calf. It immediately swelled up and that was the end of my game that day. Glad to hear that it didn't hit you Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Leah, as young lad years ago I was hit in the leg by a golf ball at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic back then Kroger, or other way around I have no clue. The fellow who hit me in the leg was a regional owner of many local McDonalds. My parents were approached by the tour lawyer, and that's how I know own 15 McDonalds...not really we declined to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sitting in a golf cart as we were waiting to tee off. Turns out the 4th golfer who joined us decided he was a big hitter and went to the back tees to tee off. Instead of a big monster drive he screams a low line drive, right between the seat cushion and the back rest and right into the small of my back!!! OUCH!!!! Still not sure how I'm still walking much less how I was able to play that day.

    ReplyDelete